Sarah's Beer Cheese Sauce feat. Prague Pilsner
2 Bottles of Orbit Prague Pilsner (Room Temperature)
1tbsp Onion Powder (Asafoetida)
1tbsp Smoked Paprika
85g Plain Flour
900g Strong Cheddar Cheese
1tbsp Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper
Finely-chopped Fresh Parsley
1) Melt the butter in a pan with onion powder and paprika for 1 minute.
2) Add the flour, stirring briskly, ensuring it doesn’t burn.
3) Very gradually pour in the Pilsner, stirring constantly until it thickens.
4) Cook for 10 mins on low heat.
5) Remove the sauce from heat and stir in the cheese, mustard and parsley until combined.
Serve with pretzels, crusty bread or breadsticks and if you have Henderson’s Relish or Worcestershire Sauce, sprinkle some on top.
It pairs perfectly with our Prague Pilsner of course. Enjoy!