We're hiring for a full time brewer!
We are looking for a new person to join our small team as a full-time Brewer!
This is a full-time, permanent position that will offer the opportunity to learn and progress within the company. We are a London Living Wage Employer, and salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience/qualifications. Work hours are 40 hrs per week (Mon to Fri), including occasional evenings and weekends for events and festivals.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Wort production on our 10 barrel manual brew-kit.
- Cellar management, including cleaning vessels, monitoring fermentations, dry hopping, yeast cropping, transferring beers, and force-carbonating.
- Leading on packaging beer into kegs and bottles (using a Meheen M6 counter-pressure filler).
- Basic laboratory work such as yeast analysis, forced ferment tests, VDK tests.
- Maintenance and repairs of brewery equipment and kit, including developing new engineering projects to improve upon processes.
- Taking a leading role in Quality Control to ensure we make the best beers we possibly can.
- Keeping accurate records and documentation across all aspects of brewery production.
- Keeping the brewery clean, tidy, and well-organised.
- Following the Standard Operating Procedures for all production processes and developing ways to improve upon those processes.
- Intake, organisation, and inventory of raw materials.
- Stock inventory and management.
- Recipe development of beers for our experimental White Label Series.
- Representing the brewery at events and festivals.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience of production brewing in a commercial brewery is essential.
- Brewing qualifications such as IBD Diploma, or BSc Brewing Science are desirable.
- Mechanical / engineering background is desirable.
- Clean full UK driver’s license is desirable.
- Forklift operating experience is desirable.
- Working knowledge of food hygiene protocols (such as HACCP and SALSA).
- A passion for great beer.
- Hardworking, dedicated, and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Practical & creative approach to problem solving.
- Enjoy working as a vital part of a small team.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow SOPs.
- Will need to lift 25kg sacks of grain, and climb in/out of brewing vessels.
If you are interested in joining our team then please email a CV and covering letter, telling us why you are the right person for Orbit Beers, to Paul Spraget at firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date is flexible, ideally July / August 2020